A couple of other happenings:
- We're planning a DIY engagement party at our town hall featuring a band and homemade decorations
- We went to Tathra for a long weekend over my birthday in October
- I picked up some more work from a Melbourne publisher
- I was at a Australia Day party with The Doctor from Frenzal Rhomb that was broadcast on Triple J
- Pat got a new second hand car
- We saw The Bouncing Souls, but didn't get to stick around for long
- We put blinds up in our flat (this in only worth mentioning because Smallfry loves 'hiding' behind them
- We joined a gym but haven't been since I caused a tiny, accidental disruption during a Pilates class
- You may have noticed that I had a hair cut. I haven't had a fringe (bangs, whatever) for years and I'm loving it
- I made an amazing dress! It's totally copied from a Princess Highway dress that was available through Dangerfield late last year, but hey, inspiration has to come from somewhere! All the photos I have of me wearing it are unbelievably unflattering so they will not be making an appearance here. I wore it on Christmas Day when we announced our engagement to our families.
|Princess Highway Sunny Girl dress|
I've finally decided on a handbag design. After spending six months trawling for a good looking bowler bag I've gone in a completely different direction and will be making something along the lines of a Lux De Ville bag mashed together with something a little more me (read: a DIY attempt cobbled together from various How Tos).