A couple of other, minor events (in descending order):
-We're planning a DIY engagement party next month at our town hall with a band and homemade decorations :D
- I picked up some more editing work from a Melbourne publisher!!
- I was at a party with The Doctor from Frenzal Rhomb on Australia Day and we were on Triple J!
- Pat got a new second hand car!
- I got promoted to manager at a store in Forest Hill. I've applied for some radical more-relevant jobs recently and I have my heart set on one, but Pat says I shouldn't get excited too soon.
- We saw The Bouncing Souls, but didn't get to stick around for long.
- We went to Tathra for a long weekend over my birthday in October :D. It was where my family would go for holidays when I was little.
- I have written half the content for my professional website. Soon this blog is going to be flooded with links!! Woohoo yay!
- We put blinds up in our flat (this in only worth mentioning because our cat loves "hiding" behind them and does this crazy eyes thing if you peek around at her. Which I do. All the time).
- I joined a gym but haven't been since causing a tiny, accidental disruption during a Pilates class.
And I made an incredible dress, a totally amazing dress! (And totally copied from a by Princess Highway dress that was available through Dangerfield late last year) But all the photos I have of me wearing it are unbelievably unflattering so they will not be making an appearance here.
|Princess Highway Sunny Girl dress|
And I've finally decided on a handbag design. After spending six months trawling for a good looking bowler bag I've gone in a completely different direction and will be making something along the lines of a Lux De Ville bag mashed together with something a little more me (read: a DIY attempt cobbled together from various How Tos).
Hope to make and post more soon but there's so much to do!